Saturday, January 9, 2010

Saying Goodbye




Today we went to Galveston looking for photo opportunities and decided to go to the seawall instead of the Strand area where we have been going lately.  It wasn't long before I spotted some young people, 2 boys and 2 girls, and one of the girls was holding a large group of balloons as they walked down the jetty toward the ocean.  They stopped and took a few pictures of the girl holding the bouquet and then she faced the water, walked to the end of the jetty, and released them.  It seemed to me to be a ritual, perhaps in memory of someone they had lost, but I did not ask them so I could be completely off base.  Unfortunately I had forgotten my teleconverter so these images are cropped in quite a bit.
Nikon D700, 70 - 200m lens at f6.7 and 1/4000th top image, f2.8 and 1/1000th bottom image

1 comment:

  1. Nice shots Cindi! I like the composition on both photos and the story they tell is interesting even if we don't actually know the real story.

    IMHO the bottom shot would be an excellent candidate for April's assignment at BAPC (Less is More).

    Cheers!
    Barry

    ReplyDelete