Thursday, July 16, 2009

Let Saints On Earth In Concert Sing

Or play the keyboard. Another Lensbaby image from the Galveston cemetery. I don't think I have ever seen this sight before --- a keyboard leaning against the side of a mausoleum. No, I did not try to play it. I thought this made a pretty interesting selective focus image, but my husband does not agree...

Camera info: Nikon D200, Lensbaby Composer at f4 and 1/2500, ISO 100, sunny whitebalance
Post processing: cloned out dark spot on column, Luminizer from Kubota to open shadow areas, the Edge for global sharpening, Touch of Light on flowers and keyboard, Levels for global lightening, highpass filter on the keyboard only.

2 comments:

  1. Knowing that cemetery, it's location and the neighborhood -- makes you wonder what that keyboard was doing there and how long it had been there. Interesting image. What about a black and white treatment with some vignetting? Playing up the mystery angle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To me (the guy who does not own a Lensbaby), that lens works best when you can easily issolate on the portion that is in focus. Here I think it is hard to do that. I do like the compposition and the colors.

    ReplyDelete