Sunday, October 4, 2009

Before and After --- New Textures

These tiny white flowers bloom inside of the bracts on my bougainvillea.  I was not too impressed with my close-up images, I only took single exposures and didn't have any that were in a series focused at different depths so did not have any to layer and decided to try some new textures I got from Flora Bella.  I don't think it improved the image too much but I am looking forward to trying them on images in the future.
Plus, there seems to be some artifacts in the jpgs around the white flowers that are not in my psd, so not sure where that is coming from as I did not sharpen them at all.
Nikon D200, 60mm macro lens with close-up filter
Post processing:  Increased blacks and exposure slightly in ACR. In CS3 I duplicated the background layer, removed a few spots and darkened an area at the bottom to match the areas at the top, ran PunchDrunk by Kubota at 50% opacity, added a texture from Flora Bella and changed the blend mode to Soft Light, duplicated that layer and changed the blend mode to Multiply, added a different texture layer from Flora Bella and reduced the opacity to 25%, merged all and changed to Soft Light mode at 50%.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post-processing Cindi!

    I'm going to have to start trying to work with textures some; they add so much interest and depth to a shot!

    Well done!