Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wildflower 7


It seems like every day I notice another plant or flower that I have not seen before.  Now these bulb-shaped ones are emerging in the low, boggy areas near the woods.  Just a few have opened and I must say the bud is much more interesting than the flower.   I did not shoot any opened ones because they had not fully opened --- I thought I would wait for them to reveal more. But unfortunately our fields were finally mowed so I will never know what the blooms look like.

2 comments:

  1. They look like Agapanthus buds, but it's kind of early for them.

    Nice catch of the everyday things we normally walk by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really small, maybe 5 inches in height. The few that were partly open had red and yellow seed-looking things, kind of like in a pomegranate, no petals. I don't know if they will grow back after being mowed but I keep looking for them.

    ReplyDelete