Saturday, August 15, 2009

A Road to the Alps

This is another of my favorite images from our 2007 trip to Germany. Unfortunately it was taken in the middle of the day but I was just glad to be out shooting. This was such a beautiful field with fences criss-crossing it and a few trees scattered around. As I was composing my shots a person came riding down the road on a bicycle toward us from around the curve. I wish now that I had not waited for her to pass but had included her in some frames...I don't know what I was thinking! I guess she surprised me and I was not quick enough to get her in a good area of the composition. We felt like we were in The Sound of Music and Julie Andrews would appear singing at any moment, just not on a bike.

Nikon D70, 18 -70mm 3.5 - 4.5 lens at f22, and 1/125th, ISO 200, auto whitebalance, jpg

1 comment:

  1. Really nice composition with a lot of interesting subjects and sub-subjects throughout. I do wish that you had darkened the sky and the mountains a little. I think that would make the foreground really separate from them. Nice landscape.

    ReplyDelete