Friday, December 11, 2009

Sleeping Flamingo



When I saw this solitary flamingo sleeping in the shadows with the light softly falling on it, I thought that except for the band on its leg, it could be sleeping on some tropical island somewhere.  It seemed to glow against the dark foliage. I did very little post processing to this image other than develop in ACR and then I darkened some white feathers in the background that were distracting, and darkened the band slightly with a Curves layer, then sharpened the image with Smart Sharpen.  I deliberately left the image dark, because that is the way the scene looked but it may be a bit too dark on some monitors. 
Nikon D200, 70 - 200mm 2.8 lens at f2.8 and 1/3000th, ISO 200.


2 comments:

  1. I like the colors of the flamingo and the dark scene. It helps set the bird off from the background, butt...there is something that bothers me about this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the bright pink against the muted greens. The photo has great mood to it. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete