Saturday, December 19, 2009

More Chubby Cheeks



When we went into little N's room to get some shots I did not take the sheet I had suspended from my reflector stand so it mimicked a window, I just took my SB28 with the juice diffuser on a tripod.  I extended the tripod legs so the flash and diffuser were about my shoulder height and it worked great to bounce the light pretty evenly around the room.  I was a little concerned about the white balance because her room walls are painted a light purple-lilac but the color balance in the files look fine to me, maybe even a little too warm since the whitebalance was set to cloudy. That is not the reason for the black and white version here, I just wanted to diminish the colors in the flowered pad she is laying on.
Nikon D700, 60mm macro lens at f4.8, 1/250th, ISO 400, flash with plastic diffuser at 1/8th power behind camera on the left.

1 comment:

  1. Very good use of B&W. It really makes her face come forward in the image.

    ReplyDelete