Friday, September 18, 2009

Lensbaby Coneflower

Once again using the Lensbaby with a closeup filter.  I thought these flowers are Coneflowers but could not find any examples to confirm that.  I did not increase the saturation in this image, but it was taken in late evening in the shade and I have always found that my Lensbaby lenses produce much darker and richer images without changing any camera settings.  I can switch back and forth between other lenses and the Lensbaby and the difference is very notable even in the LCD.
Nikon D200, Lensbaby Composer with close up filter, +3 exposure compensation, ISO 160, cloudy whitebalance
PP:  Increased exposure, recovery, fill light and blacks slightly in ACR. In CS3 used a levels layer for global brightening, combined 2 more images to get the center of the flower in focus, used Touch of Light on the petals, sharpened with the highpass filter in softlight mode

2 comments:

  1. Good use of lensbaby. The colors combination is a definite hit. I like how simple the image is. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a Yellow Coneflower. Don't take this wrong, but I finally like one of your Lensbaby shots. It doesn't resemble your Vaseline shots prior to this.

    ReplyDelete