Friday, March 11, 2011

Watch Out for that Bump

I am still photographing babies, but this one isn't here yet.  A few weeks ago I had the chance to photograph my first maternity session.  Denise made it so easy and fun, and it doesn't hurt that she is really photogenic.  Paul and I had scouted out some "bump" signs and found this really grungy one with a great wooded background.  I am still trying to figure out how to shoot in sunlight and ended up using some fill flash in these --- my Stroboframe with a speedlight in a Gary Fong diffuser.  Then we headed to my house where I set up a white background and shot some more.  I think we ended up using 2 of my speedlights --- one from behind the white background to blow it out and get rid of the wrinkles, one with a softbox from camera right...and maybe even a third aimed at the background from camera left.  We moved lights around several times so I can't remember what we ended up going with.  The pattern was added in post-processing.





No comments:

Post a Comment