Thursday, March 10, 2011

Colorsplash


This was my submission for our Blur assignment.  It is a spinning striped umbrella and the colors are actually much more muted than the image but the only editing I did was to move the black slider in Adobe Camera Raw all the way to the right, and in Photoshop I cloned in a small section of the lower left corner.  I had other ideas for this shot, to have a person spinning the umbrella and include them in the shot but did not get the chance to do that. So, I put my camera on my tripod and set the timer to engage the shutter, set the aperture as small as it would go and started experimenting.  I got some really interesting effects with things in the background showing through the blurred colors but unfortunately it was a messy room!  But something to pursue in the future.  The settings for this shot were f22 for 10 seconds at ISO 100 with my 24 - 70 mm lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment