Saturday, January 1, 2011

Brand New Year, Brand New Baby Girl


In 1974, on just about my first day of college I met Tonja in Dorm 15 at Stephen F. Austin in Naca-nowhere, I mean Nacogdoches, Texas.  We have been great friends since then --- we joined the same sorority which shall remain unnamed, both of us became teachers (first grade for me, Junior High art for her), were bridesmaids in each other's weddings, etc etc.  I watched her children grow up during many hours year after year spent at Lake Buchanan, and now her children are having children.  This adorable baby girl is her first grandchild and I got to photograph her last week, at 2 weeks old.  We spent about 5 hours one day and a couple more the next morning trying to get the baby to stay asleep while we posed her, but I am still trying to learn newborn photography and do not have all the necessary skills down yet.  Both of us worked hard, but had a wonderful time doing it and I hope it won't be the last time I get to point my camera at this little doll.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Nice. She seems so peaceful. Good exposure and excellent pose. Really like how simple everything is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't babies the most precious things in the whole wide world?

    ReplyDelete