Wednesday, August 25, 2010

She's A Natural

Nikon D700, 60mm macro lens at f 5.6 and 1/90th,
ISO 200, flash in softbox on camera right
C. had picked these flowers quite a while before the shooting started.  It was just perfect that she wore a very vibrant peach-colored outfit that coordinated with the flowers so well.  But most of my images of her had a very strong orange cast, probably due to the combination of her clothes and the cloudy whitebalance setting I was using so I added a hue/sat adjustment layer in Photoshop and decreased the reds until I liked the tone of her skin better.  She has perfect, beautiful, peachy skin and I did not want to drain all of that tone away. I did not have to direct C at all in her posing, she just naturally seemed to look great no matter what she was doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment