Thursday, August 5, 2010

She's A Diva

Nikon D700, 24-70mm lens at f4.0 and 1/250th, ISO 100
2 flash in umbrellas camera right and left
Meet Miss Vienna, as in sausage.  She was right at home in front of the camera and had several very nice poses for me. I am not sure she is too thrilled with the red boa though....maybe she preferred a different color, or possibly a tutu. No, I bet she is mad that we forgot the tiara.
I started out the day with my main light on the right at a slightly higher setting (maybe 1/8th or so) and was using the flash on my left as a fill at a lesser setting like 1/16th power but once the shooting started and I had to keep adjusting the output of both flashes for the different colors of fur or human skin tones, I lost track of my actual settings and just looked at my LCD and histogram for the results. Many of my shots of the dark dogs were underexposed but I was able to bring the fill light up in ACR.  I also have a free action by MCP Actions called Touch of Light, Touch of Dark that I often use to add light with a soft white brush to areas that I want brighter.  Here I used it on the left of the image and to bring more light to her both of her eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment