Tuesday, August 24, 2010

BAPC Portrait Field Trip


This little model was such a trooper on the long, hot evening our photography club met to practice portraiture in Galveston. I wish I had been able to spend more time with her as I have been longing to photograph a little girl who likes to dress up and pose but I had to share her with several other group leaders and a whole bunch of photographersBy this time she had been posing for a couple of hours but you would never have known it by her demeanor.  Though I only photographed her for a few minutes I got quite a few nice shots and I hope her parents like them as much as I do.  When we were planning the site and the models to ask to pose for us I think some people had reservations about the warehouse background and all the concrete, rust, etc but I really like the contrast of the young sweet child with the gritty environment (though you can't see it in this shot).  I wanted to get the kids out in the weeds and flowers too but we ran out of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment