Thursday, December 15, 2011

Ouch

This is not the best time of year for a broken bone, but that's what I ended up with.  Two weeks ago while walking my pack, one of them wrenched the leash from my hand when he went after a stray dog.  I did not fall on it so thought my wrist must be sprained.  That same wrist was shattered 20 years ago and I never got full use of it so it is not very strong.  First I tried wrapping my wrist area but that was not enough so then I bought a wrist brace and still had a lot of pain and "crunching" when I moved my fingers or hand too much so I finally got an x-ray done last Friday.  Now I have a very cool new kind of cast --- it is plastic heat-molded to my forearm, waterproof and removable for short periods for cleaning the skin.  Having my arm stabilized has made a big difference...but not enough to allow me to decorate or go Christmas shopping, etc...or at least that's my story!  No more extend-able leashes for my heathens, I have ordered a runner's leash system that goes around your waist for hands-free walking.  Now if I can just keep from tripping over them...

No comments:

Post a Comment