Monday, September 27, 2010

Pet Photography --- Adding Fill Light

Nikon D700, 24-70mm lens at f3.3, 1/250th, ISO 200
flash on a bracket with diffuser at 1/64th power

For my second assignment in my online Pet Photography class, we had to add fill light with a reflector or flash.  And we had to photograph a pet other than our ownThis is my father's cat Chi and I was pretty skeptical that I could go to my parents' house and get cats to do something I wanted, but it was easy as pie.  Chi posed so well for me and he did not seem to mind the bright flash at all.  Here the flash was above my camera in a bracket so the light was very even.  I had tried removing my camera from the bracket and putting it to the side on the carpet earlier when he was in front of the hearth, but the light was too harsh and not flattering.  I did not want to push my luck by trying too many things! I had hauled reflectors, a light stand and umbrellas, some baskets and fluffy blankets, and did not end up using any of them.


1 comment:

  1. One word...awesome! I love the second one. Lighting, color and dead on sharp eyes. I'm a dog lover, but I like cat shots.

    ReplyDelete